We welcome you and your son to find out why - every day is game day at St. Aloysius Academy!
Admission to St. Aloysius Academy is based on a candidate's personal development profile and previous academic achievement based on grade level, standardized testing scores, recent math and writing assessments, teacher recommendation and insights derived from parents' and candidate's visits and interviews.
- Attend an Open House or arrange for a personal tour of the Academy so you can have a first-hand experience. You may call Sister Maryann Weidner, Admissions Director, at 610-525-1670 x312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
- Click the link at the bottom of this page to access the Admissions Application. You can type directly into this pdf file. It can also be saved and printed.
- Send your completed Application Form with the requested documents that are noted on the Application and a $50 processing fee check made payable to St. Aloysius Academy to:
St. Aloysius Academy
401 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
- Sign the Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and give it to your child's teacher to complete confidentially and mail directly to St. Aloysius Academy.
- Schedule to have your child spend a day at the Academy so he can meet and interact with teachers and students. Plan on arriving at the front entrance at 9 o'clock. Representatives from the class your child is visiting will take him to the classroom where he will be spending the day. There will be a short emergency contact form for you to complete so the Academy is aware of any allergies he might have, or any added information that is important for your child's well being. The Admissions Director will let you know in advance if the class is having physical education that day, as well as what is on the lunch menu. Please send your son with a morning snack. He may choose to bring lunch from home, or we would love to treat him to lunch. The boys wear navy sweatpants and a tee shirt and sweatshirt for gym, and gray trousers, white shirt, tie and blazer as the regular uniform if they do not have gym that day. In the fall and spring, they wear gym shorts and tee shirts if they have gym that day or gray trousers and a navy golf shirt. You may pick up your kindergartener or first grade visitor at the front entrance at 1:30. All other grade level students usually stay until 2:30 p.m.
- 6th - 8th grade applicants will have an interview with the principal. The principal will want to know what the student thought about his day with the St. Aloysius community. Every effort will be made to schedule the interview on the same day of the visit, but sometimes, the principal is attending an offsite meeting.
- The Academy reviews completed applications as they are submitted and continues until all available openings are filled at grade level.
financial aid is available upon request. St. Aloysius Academy participates in
the State of PA EITC and OSTC Tax Credit Programs.
We hope to welcome you and your child soon!
"I meant to send you a note after the middle school open house. My husband and I were just blown away by how kind, enthusiastic and dynamic all the middle school faculty is. There is such a wonderful family atmosphere at SAA. It's just so apparent how much the teachers love the boys and what they do. We really do feel blessed to have Liam with you. He absolutely loves school. He is making great friends and feeling challenged academically in ways he never has before. It's just been wonderful all around." Joanne Dodds, mother of Liam, Class of 2017